Monday, May 18, 2009

Positively Needed



This is our 10 x 12 community garden plot that I've named "Fort Apache Ridgewood." Notice the amazing critter-proof fence that we erected (and submerged six inches) yesterday. This year, we're doing it right, baby! And hopefully Sylvie will be enthralled with it and actually eat a vegetable! We may plant some strawberries to entice her a little more.

There's quiet talk on Floor 5-East that Sylvie may go home tomorrow afternoon. Honestly, the pediatric floors from NICU to PICU to PedOnc and General Peds are packed and supposedly Michael and I do such a good jobs as makeshift nurses that it may better serve everyone with our being home. Dr. Valda is removing the drainage tube this afternoon. Dr. Alexander paid us a social call this morning and said Sylvie looks great. He was happy to hear she's going to the bathroom. Today's challenges include walking and eating. Sylvie's scar is a little arresting to look at. I mean, it's only 4 days old and I know it will get much Much MUCH better but even one of the nurses was like, "HOLY SHIT!" It's a conversational piece.

Onto more serious things. Sylvie's hemoglobin is low (7.1) so she's getting another blood transfusion this afternoon which officially depletes our directed donor supply of A+. I am donating a pint tomorrow at noon, my third pint in 10 weeks and looking a little pale! Friends, if you're a match, please donate. Call 201 996 4818 to make an appointment. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I will pass on the information ASAP I know at least 4 friends that will donate
    Lots of donations coming in..

    ReplyDelete