You know your life has been turned upside down when your kid asks you repeatedly for cheesy eggs from 1-3 am AND YOU MAKE THEM. I was too tired; Michael went downstairs. And of course, as expected, when he placed the plate of cheesy eggs precisely cut into tiny squares next to Sylvie IN BED, she said, "MMM Daddy, these smell good" upon which she rolled over and fell back asleep.
The good news is that this morning, a hungry Sylvie ate an entire egg wrap (and 2 bowls of ice cream)! She proceeded to have egg wraps all day long. Without fail, we will run out of the one food item that Sylvie becomes transfixed with, today's item being American cheese.
Yesteday afternoon we had last-minute cupcakes and pizza at the Waldwick playground in lieu of a birthday party. Sylvie's doctors said it was ok as long as Sylvie's friends were sniffle-free and that we kept it to a minimum. Sylvie seemed to have a ball seeing many of her friends, and sitting next to her pal Katie ("KK"). I think Michael and I needed to have a moment of normalcy ourselves.
We have to be vigilant about giving Sylvie magnesium 4 times a day orally (as opposed to the NG Tube). Today was our first attempt at staying on schedule and it was a disaster that usually resulted in sticky candy-apple red liquid oozing out Sylvie's mouth, into the crevices of her neck and all over us. Hopefully it will go better tomorrow.
Michael and I brought baskets of bagels, muffins and spreads to both the Ped Onc family kitchen and another one for the nurses and wished them a Happy Mother's Day. Nurses Jessica and Gina were at the nurses station reading the article on Strides For Sylvie when we walked in.
Andy, Catherine, Bella and Sammy came over for dinner, just like old times. I was mesmerized listening to Sylvie and Samantha talk to each other as opposed to a mere 3 months ago.
Tomorrow Sylvie has a 10:15 appointment for lab work. I am hoping I can get the full radiology report from the CT Scans; Dr. Valda said that he can come to the clinic and meet me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment