
We're officially going home today! Dr. Valda said we can go home with the tube, measure it's contents and come back Monday or Tuesday to have it removed. Monday of course is Memorial Day but he's on call so should we feel so inspired post-race, we can meet him either in his office or the ER. Jessica the nurse and I assisted him today when he changed the gauze dressing and if Michael and I wind up meeting Dr. Valda in his office either over the weekend or Monday, we get to be his surgical assistants. Exactly!
Speaking of race day, Monday is the Ridgewood Run and we are so excited to have so many friends and family running in honor of Sylvie and raising awareness + funds for the Tomorrows Children's Fund. I just checked the race website and these are the race times:
8:40 - The Kessler Foundation Wheelchair 10K (10K Course Map)
8:40 - 10K Runners in corrals
8:45 - Park Ave BMW 10K (10K Course Map)
10:15 - Park Ave BMW 5K (5K Course Map)
11:15 - Valley Hospital Womens Mile (Mile Course Map)
11:40 - Valley Hospital Mens Mile (Mile Course Map)
12 Noon - Ridgewood YMCA Fun Run/Health Walk Mile
Strides For Sylvie will have a table at the event in which we will have literature from Tomorrows Children's Fund as well as the Whole Child Center.
Sibel is going to shuttle us back and forth to Oak Street because the race starts at the Ridgewood Y so if anyone is coming from out of town, feel free to come to Casa Hughes pre-race for coffee, etc. Since Michael and I are running the 10K, we're going to leave our house around 8 am. And if I hadn't mentioned it before, my dad is too! I think he could actually win a prize for his youthful age category unless there are some Kenyan seniors running. In that case, it will be a close call.
Sylvie does not want to leave the hospital because it means having her port-o-catheter needles removed. Removing the adhesive tape hurts more than removing the needles which doesn't actually hurt at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment