Friday, May 15, 2009

Good Friday



Michael and I slept like Siamese fish last night on the couch/bench in Sylvie's room. It's a little bigger than the one in Pediatric Oncology although it's a little curved. I seemed to have fallen asleep before everyone else (no surprise) while Michael watched the Yankees game on the flat screen. Mike, the PICU nurse who we met once before up on PedOnc dropped by to check on the score. Then Sylvie realized that her television was being monopolozied and next thing you know, ALADDIN! Michael said that Dr. Percy was here all night long.

We got up at 6 am. Dr. Valda stopped by. Sylvie woke up from her slumber to yell at him. All's well. Next time he comes in, I might arm him with Princess stickers.

Michael and I keep thinking it's Saturday or Sunday. We have no sense of time in this place.

I learned an interesting fact from Sylvie's pediatrician, Dr. Larry Rosen's, blog The Whole Child which is that the Children's Hospital at HUMC is the first "green" children's hospital in the country! I noticed a little framed box of denim insulation in the family lounge with a placard bragging about it, too. I previously noticed a lot of similarities between The Whole Child Center's "green" offices and the hospital, too (i.e. the formaldehyde-free ceiling tiles, the no-VOC paints, the eco floor tiles, etc.). Nice stuff!

Hoping for a relaxing day. There are restrictions regarding visitors (i.e. no big parties in room 2E-8) so we're trying to keep things at a chill level for the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. Sylvie and her fabulous family - we have been following you and your journey and are thrilled with the successful removal of the tumor - I feel you must be much more than 50% there!! All of you get lots of rest and nourishment - such exciting news! We all know children heal rapidly! Cheers, Linda & glen Coverdale

    ReplyDelete