Saturday, June 27, 2009

Say Hello to Heaven

Prayer for Pablo
From Pablo's parents: "Dear friends, Pablo Thrailkill Castelaz passed from this life at 1:30 p.m. He left this life in the same way he entered it: beautifully, gracefully and in the loving arms of his Mommy and Papa and dear big brother Grady."

I was just thinking about what a great day Sylvie had today at the Ziggy Marley / Audra Rox show because she got to say hi to Audra, Laurie Berkner & band, and Dan Zanes. And that we ran into friends Beka & Ben and their 3-week old baby Charlotte.

I was about to go to bed and wanted to check in on Pablo when I read his parents note.

Earlier today, I was telling my friend Elizabeth who is a cancer survivor and a yoga teacher how in yoga class the other day, our teacher asked us to think of our one life's desire. Mine was simple: Kids should not get cancer.

And in temple just last night, I was a little angry that all the passages I read never talked about good people or children dying. Only evil people and betrayers. The rabbi gave me a book on Jewish thoughts on Cancer which I promised myself to read this week finally.

Pablo's parents asked all their friends to have one image which is that of LOVE and even though we've never even met, I do imagine them all in their giant family bed huddled up close.

I'm going to bed now with a quick stop to Sylvie's room to kiss her, look at her tiny beautiful face, squeeze her hand and then to huddle with Michael (Lucky and OJ, too).

No comments:

Post a Comment