Sylvie had an amazing day today! Two bowls of cereal and Physical therapy in the morning with Tracey and then Sammy & Bella came over for a couple of hours. We had to run over to Whole Foods and get string cheese. Sylvie devoured two. First hers and then Samantha's. Grandma came over for a visit, too! Sylvie was so confident that she spent hours crawling up and down the stairs, jumping, getting on and off the couch. I swear, walking would be easier. We had a visit from Sylvie's favorite clown at the hospital who teaches water aerobics at the Ridgewood Y and wanted to drop off a special present for Sylvie which was a clown-made lifesize Ariel balloon. Sylvie was beside herself. She was a bit puzzled that her favorite clown was not dressed up as one. I was trying to have a conference call with PBS but you could clearly hear Sylvie enthusiastically saying in the background, "MOMMY, LOOK! LET'S PLAY HOPSCOTCH!" over and over. Catherine picked up a bottle of barium from the hospital because she was nearby and thus saved me a trip. Somehow we need to get Sylvie to drink 8 ounces of. Sylvie finally collapsed on Michael around 4 pm.
I talked to Maeve, the director of Sylvie's preschool to discuss next year. We talk regularly about other things but I really should have brought it up sooner and was thrilled that Maeve has already taken the initiative to make sure Sylvie's in class with her friends and fellow neighbors. Sylvie and Miles were at camp yesterday together and Sibel told me that Miles walked up to Sylvie's table, sat down and they made rainbow fish together. Sylvie and Kate are going to be going next week-- it's Camping Week! I'm not sure what that entails. In addition and equally important, they are so helpful and willing to help out in case Sylvie's mobility is still an issue which I really hope not for Sylvie's sake and hours too. Lastly Maeve brought up a very good point which is "flu season" and although I was assured already that Sylvie will be just like any other kid next year, I really need to ask again. I was really so happy after talking with Maeve that I ran to tell Sibel the good news.
What could be better than a day spent with mom, Sibel, BFF Samantha, Tracey the physical therapist, Grandma, favorite clown, string cheese, cheesecake and trip to Learning Express to check out the Hello Kitty stuff!
Michael's on duty tonight as I head into the city to celebrate a friend's birthday at Macao Trading Company in Tribeca! Doing normal things like this is very good for my mental state. There is a Yankees game on tonight which will be very good for Michael's mental state, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment