Room 5E-07 Ped Onc has a much better view than our previous room, 5E-04. It's dark out but I think the trauma center helipad is right outside our window so perhaps we'll get to see a little "ER" up close and personal tomorrow. I hate to imagine the noise it makes though. We lasted a whole 24 hours at home before having to return to the Emergency Room where we were admitted upstairs. The morning started off well. For one thing, we managed not to screw up the NG tube last night. Michael slept on the floor of Sylvie's room, and I slept in the guest room next door. At about 5 am, Michael woke me to put more Compleat food in the pump thing. And we managed to give Sylvie all her meds on time, too! We did have a situation with the magnesium again which resulted in a scene straight from The Exorcist. I'll fast forward through a boring and uneventful day until Mary the home care nurse from Valley Hospital came over. She helped me through some basic questions until Michael got home which correlated to the exact minute that Sylvie first felt a little warm. And warmer. And warmer. Two thermometers later, Sylvie's fever was nearly 103. After calling the Pediatric Oncology department, they has us put anesthesizing cream on Sylvie's port site and sent us to the Pediatric Emergency Room. To make a long story short, here we are again. The resident assured me there's no way we're going home tomorrow either. Lovely. we still hadn't completely unpacked from the past 23 days...
We're having a sleep over in Room 07. Catherine, Sylvie and I are reading Sleeping Beauty and Carlos was kind enough to find a pull out chair-bed for Catherine to sleep on (also means Andy and Michael are having a party on Wastena Terrace too).
It's nearly 11 pm and we're waiting for Sylvie's transport peeps to come because she has to have an ultrasound of her liver. Right now. I might fall asleep standing up leaning on her stretcher.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment